What you will be doing
The acting classes begin with an initial round of relaxation and preparation exercises which consist of a variety of:
• Relaxation techniques
• Breathing exercises
• Tension awareness
• Self guided meditations
• Physical warm ups
Stimulation of the senses (auditory, olfactory, taste, tactile, visual) designed to:
• Raise sensory awareness
• Identify unique emotional responses to stimuli
• Train the senses to respond on stage as they do in life
Different craft exercises are worked on each week, although some craft approaches may be repeated a number of times.
We use a number of different acting techniques including:
• Constantin Stanislavski
• Uta Hagen
• Lee Strasberg
• Eric Morris
• Sanford Meisner
• Michael Chekhov
The remainder of the class is spent dealing specifically with monologues and scenes.
Dramatic material is allocated to each participant dependant upon their level of experience, objectives for the term, individual obstacles and unique blocks.
Participants are welcome to propose their own material if they would prefer to do so. Dramatic material can be used from any play, poem, book, tv show or film.
The showcase is an opportunity to present the term’s work in front of friends, family and industry professionals.
Please note, although not compulsory, all members of class are encouraged to take part in the showcase. However, If for any reason an individual feels that their work is not yet at a level ready to be shared then they are welcome to attend the showcase as a member of the audience.
2022 Class Dates
- Monday Class (6-9pm UK Time): 7 February – 7 March
- Saturday Class (3-6pm UK Time): 12 February – 12 March
- Term Showcase (6-9pm UK Time): 14 March
- Monday Class (6-9pm UK Time): 9 May – 6 June
- Saturday Class (3-6pm UK Time): 7 May – 4 June
- Term Showcase (6-9pm UK Time): 8 June
- Monday Class (6-9pm UK Time): 8 August – 5 September
- Saturday Class (3-6pm UK Time): 6 August – 3 September
- Term Showcase (6-9pm UK Time): 7 September
- Monday Class (6-9pm UK Time): 14 November – 12 December
- Saturday Class (3-6pm UK Time): 12 November – 10 December
- Term Showcase (6-9pm UK Time): 14 December
The cost of our classes is £395 per term which includes five classes and an end of term showcase performance. Participants select which class they can attend but can make up any missed classes in other classes that term.
Actors are required to pay in full before the start of term to secure their place in the class. You can pay instantly using the ‘Pay with Card’ option below.
Absences, drops and no-shows are non-refundable. Actors can withdraw from the class and receive a full refund up to one week before class begins.
Please contact us or refer to our terms and conditions for further information.
Virtual Classes and Two Great Venues
MONDAY EVENINGS 18:00-21.00
Our evening London acting class is held at:
51 The Cut, London SE1 8LF
SATURDAY CLASS 15:00-18:00
Our weekend London acting class is held at:
Gateforth Street, London NW8 8EH